Baton Rouge, La., June 25, 2001-- A disaster victim applies for assistance at the East Baton Rouge Disaster Relief Center, following tropical storm Allison. FEMA News Photo by Adam Dubrowa/FEMA News Photo Photo by Adam DuBrowa - Jun 24, 2001 - Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Write Your Own (WYO) Companies, the NFIP Direct Servicing Agent and Vendors may submit inquiries to: NFIPUnderwritingMailbox@fema.dhs.gov.
Submit for Rate
All Underwriting Submit for Rate requests are to be submitted through the Underwriting & Claims Operation Review Tool (UCORT).
The requests listed below are to be submitted to: NFIPUnderwritingMailbox@fema.dhs.gov. All submissions must include the Insured's Name, Policy Number, Property Address, and all supporting documentation. All requests must also include the appropriate description, from the list below, in the subject line:
- Prior Term Refund Requests
- CBRA/OPA Appeals
- PRP Appeals
- Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL) Appeals
Below is the required documentation for Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL) Appeals.
SRL Appeals Documentation Checklist
- Property Value Updates – The value is based on Fair Market Value (FMV), which must be shown on one of the following documents:
- Property Tax Assessment OR
- Mitigation Actions
- Elevation Certificate based on finished construction of the new building
- Photos of the building before the improvement
- Photos of the building after the improvement
- Photos of flood vents (if applicable)
- Provide source of funding (state, local or individual)
- Demolition permit (if the building was demolished and rebuilt)
- Building permit (if the building was demolished and rebuilt)
- In Zone B, C, or X – a signed statement from a community official that shows mitigation was approved by community
- Invalid Loss History Associations (caused by incorrectly linked addresses and losses, incorrect address in TRRP [Legacy System], second address added to a Property Locator Record)
- Request must include invalid loss dates
- Additional documentation may be requested.
- Property address on documents must match address on policy.
For questions regarding any of this information, please contact the Underwriting group at: NFIPUnderwritingMailbox@fema.dhs.gov.